Monday, October 11, 2010

Take Time to Pray

Stephanie prayed, “God, I have sinned. I realize that I have disobeyed You and hurt You. My pregnancy is a result of my disobedience. It’s hard to accept, but I also know that You love me. You sent Your Son to die for my sins. So I ask You to forgive me right now and take control of my life from this moment on.”

After several minutes of prayer and comforting words, Jenny said, “You know you have some decisions to make, Stephanie. But I don’t think tonight is the best time. We’re all pretty emotionally drained. I suggest that we eat dinner, watch a video or two, and just be together. Would that be okay with both of you?” Stephanie agreed quickly. “My brain is frazzled. I can’t even think straight. Tomorrow would be much better.” Kate nodded.

Then Stephanie said, “I just want to say that you two are incredible. It means so much to me to have you here with me right now. I don’t know what I would have done without you.” “We love you, Steph,” Kate said. “That’s what friends are for.”

No comments: