Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Life Is Ruined

“My life is ruined. I don’t know if I can finish high school, let alone go to college,” Stephanie moaned sadly. “And I’m so ashamed. How can I face my friends at school? And how can I tell them I’m a Christian after what I’ve done?” Jenny rubbed her back gently. “I’m so sorry for you, Stephanie. But Kate and I are here for you.”

“Worst of all, I have committed a terrible sin,” Stephanie said in a quavering voice. “Premarital sex is against the Bible. It’s something I promised God I would never do. I know He is disappointed with me. Kate and I committed that we would both be virgins when we married. I failed God and my best friend. I feel so worthless.”

After a few minutes, Jenny encouraged Stephanie to bring her feelings and guilt to God while she and Kate prayed with her silently. Stephanie prayed, “God, You know what I’m feeling before I even tell You, but I need to say that I’m feeling so ashamed right now. I wish I could turn back the clock and change what I did. But I can’t. I also wish these awful feeling would go away, but I can’t stop feeling them.”

Jenny prayed next. “Dear Lord, there’s no way I can really know what Stephanie’s going through, but it hurts to see her feeling so much pain. Help her to know that You haven’t stopped loving her, that You are willing to carry her sorrow and ease her pain. Comfort her with Your love.”

No comments: