Monday, June 28, 2010

It Must Be True Love

Luke stopped the car in front of Traci’s house and, as always hurried around
to her side to open the door. As soon as she stepped out, she was face to face with
him in the cool night air. “Traci, I’m…I’m sorry about tonight,” Luke stammered. “I mean…I just…felt so close to you….” His voice trailed off, and Traci knew he was having trouble saying what he meant.

“It’s all right, Luke,” she said reassuringly. “You’re so sweet, I know you didn’t mean to do anything wrong. I’m glad we stopped. Thank you.” After several silent seconds he said, “Is it okay if I call you tomorrow?” Traci smiled. “I was hoping you would.”

After being kissed lightly on the cheek, Traci went inside. Standing at the
window, she watched Luke drive away. Even tonight he was the perfect gentleman,
she thought dreamily, apologizing for his passionate advance, asking permission to
call me. I forgave him, and I can’t wait to talk to him tomorrow. Luke and I have
something very special. It must be…true love.

No comments: