Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Lost Son


Stevie talked to Daniel Bellardi about her admiration for Wes and his writing talent and related her shock at the contents of his email revealing his identity as AntiCrist. She expressed her disbelief upon hearing the senator's decision to sweep the affair under the rug. She shared fresh insights about justice, mercy, and humility, confessing her own shortsightedness to fight for the right thing while overlooking the importance of love and mercy for people in the wrong. Bellardi listened impassively, occasionally glancing at his watch.

"Senator, about two and a half years ago I lost a son. He would be about Wes's age now if he had survived. Your son reminds me of Dougie in so many ways. I'm sure that's why I enjoyed being involved with him. But Dougie had a dark side too. He got in with the wrong crowd at school. He started experimenting with drugs and, unfortunately, my husband and I didn't see the warning signs. By the time we found out, it was too late. He died of a drug overdose. Not a day goes by that I don't wish I could turn back the clock to help him and love him through those dark days."

No comments: