Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Second Chance


Stevie bit her lip, wishing she did not have to say the next words. But it was right to say them, so she pressed on. "I also discovered only hours ago that I almost did the same thing to my fourteen-year-old daughter, Shawna. Right here in North California, in the name of the dream you and I share for this state, I've been neglecting her. I've been so busy trying to do what's right that I forgot to spend time showing her that I love her." Stevie held her breath to control a swell of emotion.

"Dougie's gone, but thank God I have a second chance with Shawna. You have a second chance too, sir. Wes has his own set of problems, but at least he's alive. He needs a father who will love him, forgive him, and encourage him to do what's right with the rest of his life. And I think North California needs that kind of governor."

No comments: