Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Wake-Up Call


Jon glanced toward the hospital. “Maybe this tragedy with Wes will serve as a wake-up call for Senator Bellardi." After some silence, Jon gestured toward Wes's letter on the computer and asked, "So what are you going to do about this?" Stevie sighed resignedly. "I have to talk to Senator Bellardi." "What will you tell him?”

“Everything. Wes needs him now more than ever. The senator has an opportunity to make things right. That's more than we had with Dougie. And he has a responsibility to tell the people of North California what happened. After all, they've stood behind him with their prayers over the last three weeks. Senator Bellardi must know the truth, Jon, and he must share it with his constituents." She took a deep breath. "I'll... tell him right now," as she headed into the hospital.

"Robert, I have something very important to show you, something Senator and Mrs. Bellardi must know about Wes' . . . accident.” Stevie showed him the email. "I'm so glad you brought this to my attention, Stevie." “I'd like to be here when you talk to him, especially since Wes sent the letter to me."

"Stevie," Robert said, his voice soft but adamant, "it's imperative that we keep this information confidential for now.”

 

No comments: