Thursday, December 8, 2011

Skinny Dipping

Terilyn said excitedly, “You can go all day without seeing a sheriff's boat on the lake. In fact, you can get back in one of those long arms of the lake and not see anybody all day. That's where we went skinny-dipping." Shawna couldn't disguise her shock. "What?" Terilyn hooted with laughter. "Yes, Miss never-done-anything-wrong. Skinny-dipping."

"In broad daylight, all of you, even Uncle Jack?" "No, silly," Terilyn said, still laughing. "It was just the three of us girls. Uncle Jack dropped us off, then he took Sweet Charlotte to find their own private little cove. We didn't plan to go skinny-dipping. It just kind of happened. Josie dared us. We dared her back. Nobody chickened out. It was so much fun. You would have loved it. It was actually a very spiritual experience, a great way to get in touch with your inner self."

I would not have loved it, Shawna objected silently. And I don't think I want to be in touch with any "inner self" that would think of something like skinny-dipping as a "spiritual experience." How embarrassing. I don't care if the cove was deserted. I don't want anybody to see me naked, not even other girls. What a dumb dare. I'm so glad I didn't go. (To be continued.)

No comments: