Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Teen Pregnancy and School

Jenny drove in silence for a minute. “I really admire you, Stephanie, for putting your baby’s welfare above your own desires and letting someone adopt her.” The affirmation warmed Stephanie’s heart. “Thanks, but I couldn’t have done it without people like you and Mom and Kate. Your support and encouragement have made the decisions easier.”

Jenny nodded her appreciation for the comment. Then she asked, “How is school going?” Stephanie replied, “Now it's going really well. At first it was difficult with kids at school staring and whispering behind my back. But my real friends have been very encouraging.” Smiling, she continued, “I plan to stay in class almost until my due date. Then I’ll home-school until the baby comes. I should be back in school a couple of weeks after the birth so I can graduate with my class.”

“I’m really happy for you, Stephanie,” Jenny said, “everything seems to be working out.” Stephanie hummed her agreement, “Romans 8:28 has been very special to me in the last few months. God is bringing good out of my not-so-good situation and the consequences I am facing.” Jenny smiled, “That’s the best news of all, Stephanie.”

No comments: