Monday, October 4, 2010

Should I Tell Him I'm Pregnant?

The whole week at the West Coast was unreal,” said Stephanie, “like being in a movie or something. I kept telling myself that what I did back there didn’t count. I came home wishing I hadn’t been with Brent and trying to brush the whole thing out of my mind. I didn’t tell you anything because I guess I didn’t want to admit there was anything to tell. Then I missed a period and started feeling sick in the morning. When I missed my second period, I knew I had to find out for sure. I put it off until today. I might have been able to keep denying it, except the test proves I’m pregnant.”

The girls were silent for several seconds. Finally, Kate said, “Do you think you should tell Brent?” Stephanie looked away, misty-eyed. “I don’t know what to think, Kate,” she said, sighing heavily. “My whole life just changed two hours ago. I’m so embarrassed and ashamed. I feel so dirty. All the plans we had for our senior year….” Her words trailed off to a sad whimper. “I don’t know what to do.”

Kate straightened up. “I know somebody who can help. We need to go see Jenny.” Jenny Shaw and her husband were volunteer youth leaders at the church Kate and Stephanie attended. Jenny had discipled each girl individually for several weeks after they trusted Christ. A jolt went through Stephanie as she considered telling Jenny about her unwanted pregnancy.

No comments: