Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Feelings Are So Strong

“Luke, I can see that your experience last weekend has caused you a lot of
anxiety and concern,” Doug said. “And I’m proud of you for doing the right thing in the end.” He added an affectionate but manly pat on the shoulder. “So where are you and Traci now?” Doug went on. “Did she break up with you?” “That’s the crazy thing about it,” Luke returned. “She was glad we didn’t…you know…go all the way. But she’s not mad at me or blaming me for what happened. We talked on the phone a couple of times this week, and she wants to keep going out – double dates, we both agreed.”

“And how do you feel about Traci after your experience?” Doug said. “I’m not sure how I feel, Doug. “I’ve never had such strong feelings for a girl before,” Luke explained. “I just want to be with Traci all the time. When we are together, I want to touch her and kiss her, and those desires almost got me in big trouble last weekend. Does this mean I’m…in love with Traci?” “The big L-word,” Doug said with a slight smile. “The word love never crossed my mind with other girls I’ve dated,” Luke explained. “Traci is different. I just want to know if it really is true love.”

No comments: