Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Unconditional Love

Are today’s young people capable of finding real intimacy? Absolutely! Here is one who wrote to tell me how it happened.

I used to search for intimacy by latching onto a “special someone,” because I felt that as long as I had his love and approval everything would be OK. Yet there was usually a high price tag: the giving of my body. The penalty I paid was that of feeling cheap, used, and guilty. I began to wonder if there would ever be someone who would love and accept me without demanding that I do something to earn that love.

Then I learned about the unconditional love that God has for me. I decided to ask Jesus Christ to come into my life and teach me what true love is all about. I can say with certainty that He has made a difference! Instead of feeling cheap, used, and guilty, I now know that I am valuable, forgiven. I have a new life that began the moment I asked Christ into my life.

Because I have experienced an intimate love relationship with God first, I am now able to develop lasting, meaningful relationships with those around me. I also know that when I do marry and can enjoy sex in its proper context, my sex life won’t be mediocre. It will be excellent because that’s what God desires for those who choose Him: excellence in all areas of their lives!

For young people or anyone, the first step to real intimacy is a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.

No comments: