Thursday, March 14, 2013

Powered by Prayer


Stevie stood and began to pace, instantly anxious at the prospect of confronting the senator. "I already said my piece to Robert. I thought I was done." Jon said, "I'm not saying you have to do this. It's up to you." Stevie responded, "That's just the point. I know you're right. I'm the one who received Wes' email. I'm the one who should talk to his father."

"One more thing," Jon continued. "If it's all right with you, I'd like to pray for you right now. And I'll keep praying until you call me at the motel and tell me how it went." Stevie smiled and nodded, then reached out to join her hands with his. As they stood together in the middle of the living room, Jon prayed the most beautiful, courage-building prayer Stevie had ever heard. Even after he had finished praying and gone back to the motel to gather his things, the warmth of his hands and his words still lingered.

No comments: