Thursday, March 7, 2013

Helping People Do Right


Jon said, “I admire Bellardi's dogged commitment to Judeo-Christian values and his vision for North California. But there's something missing in his approach to righting the wrongs of society. It bothered me then, and it bothers me now. I think it ran across your grain, too."

He continued. "When I think of someone acting justly, like the Bible talks about, I think of Senator Bellardi. I believe he sincerely wants to do what's right under God for North California. But that verse about doing justly in the sixth chapter of Micah has two other requirements: to love mercy and to walk humbly with God. The senator has a plan for bringing the hammer down on abortion, drugs, homosexuality, and the tolerance movement. But does he have any mercy for the women who have had abortions or for drug addicts or homosexuals or any of the other people caught up in the tolerance lie? Does he care about helping these people do right, or does he just want to punish them or kick them out of his state for doing wrong?"

 

No comments: