Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Following Destiny's Advice

Shawna felt stupid for forgetting to password-protect her email that morning. She could almost hear Destiny mocking her: "What a dork! You fell from the top of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down!" What bothered Shawna even more was the look of shock and disappointment in her mother's eyes. But she knew Destiny would really rag on her if she backed down now.

Shawna lashed out at her mother venomously. "You have no right to snoop into my private things. You have no right to steal things out of my room and destroy my belongings. I'm not your slave. I'm a person, and I have rights. You violated my rights!" It took only seconds for her to work up a good cry. Her little brother Collin, who by now was watching bug-eyed from the doorway, was also tearing up at the conflict.

No comments: