Thursday, March 11, 2010

Offer Comfort and Prayer

"I'm worried about Beth," Chad said to Doug with a little frown. "She hasn't cried once, and she doesn't want to talk about what happened to Mom or Matty. She spends most of the day with her friends or in her room alone. Is there anything I can do for her?" "Two things come to mind," Doug answered.

"First, comfort her as best you can. What kind of special times did she enjoy with your mother?” "Beth and Mom exchanged e-mail several times a week,” Chad answered. "Okay, maybe you could say to her, 'Beth, I'm sorry that you won't be able to chat with Mom by e-mail anymore. I know that was very special to you.'" "Just like you comforted me about missing my nightly visits with Mom."

"Exactly," Doug said with a wink.

"The second thing you can do is pray for her," Doug said is to ask God to help her receive the comfort she needs. That's what Jenny and I have been praying for. And we're praying for you too, Chad, every day." "Thank you," he said, “it means a lot that you check up on me. And thanks for the nice card you and Jenny sent. Dad and I have been real close this week, but it's great to know that you are here too." Doug nodded. "That's what it's all about to be in a family of believers, isn't it?"

Chad smiled and agreed.

No comments: