Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Was Mad at Him When He Died

"I feel awful about Matty, because I was mad at him," Chad said at last, shaking his head
slightly. "I thought he was the reason Mom was late picking me up." "I know that hurts," Doug consoled gently.

"I blamed my little brother for something he didn't do," Chad lamented. "It wasn't his fault. Matty died, and I didn't have a chance to apologize for being mad at him." "We are so sorry you have to deal with those feelings, Chad," Jenny said. "We're going to be with you through this."

After several more silent seconds, Chad said, "Mom can't die; she just can't. She's my Mom --we're really close, and I need her. Beth needs her too. God wouldn't take my Mom away, would He? And Rob ... why did this have to happen to my mom, my best friend, and my little brother? I don't think God is being fair." Jenny gave Chad another gentle squeeze around the shoulder. "I'm so sad for you," she said with a quavering voice. "Seeing you hurt makes me hurt." "I know there are family members who want to be with you," Doug said, "but we want to pray for you first, okay?" Chad nodded.

The three huddled closely together and linked hands as Doug began. "Heavenly Father, thank You for loving Chad and knowing all about his deep pain. Thank You for being here with us right now and sharing Your comfort through others. We ache inside at the loss of little Matthew, and we pray for Your divine intervention for Margaret and Rob in surgery at this moment. Rest Your hand of care and blessing on Chad and his family as they deal with this tragedy. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen."

No comments: