Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Godly State

Stevie stiffened defensively. "Jon, I am not foolish enough to believe it's going to be a perfect world moving to North California. But I have been researching Senator Bellardi and the North California movement on the Internet this week. You know as well as I do that South California is falling apart at the seams morally, and I've had it. At least up north somebody is trying to do something about all this junk in our culture, and I want to be part of it.”

"Steve, you know how politicians make promises just to get-" "The man is running on a platform of moral standards, not campaign promises. Senator Bellardi believes in everything we believe in. He is a godly man who wants to establish a godly state. This is the answer to my prayers." "There's still going to be crime and conflict," Jon interjected. "I know that. But at least someone is doing something about it there."

"My mind is made up. I'm going whether you agree with me or not." Jon walked a few steps away, huffing. "You know I could contest this in court, Stevie.” "I know," she answered. "But I'm asking you not to do that. Can't you see? This is the answer. This is the way to isolate our kids from the culture. If there were any other way, don't you think God would have shown it to us by now?"

No comments: