Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Skeptic’s Quest – My Testimony Part 13

The whole reason for writing my first book, Evidence That Demands a Verdict, was to write a book to make an intellectual joke of Christianity – to refute those students and professors I had encountered in the university. I thought that would be easy. I left the university. I traveled throughout the United States, England, and the Middle East. I gathered evidence to write the book.

I was sitting in a library in London, England. It was late on a Friday afternoon around 6:00 or 6:30, and something happened that never happened to me before. It was like a voice spoke to me. Now I don’t normally hear voices, but it was like a voice spoke to me. It said, “Josh, you don’t have a leg to stand on.” I immediately suppressed it. Do you know what was interesting? Almost every single day after that, I heard the voice. The more I examined the evidence, the more it took me to the opposite conclusion of what I wanted to reach--that the Bible is the very word of God, and Jesus Christ is His Son, and He was raised from the dead on the third day. I had finally arrived at the conclusion that what my mind told me was true, but my will was way over here. I had quite a conflict between my mind and my will. The reason is that I found out Jesus Christ makes a direct challenge to each individual personally to place his trust in Him as Savior and Lord, to accept His forgiveness, to invite Him into his life and to allow Him to live His life through him. My mind told me that was true, and my will was way over here.

No comments: